The 2018 United Nations Climate Change Conference held in Katowice, Poland, agreed on rules to implement the 2015 Paris Agreement which will come into force in 2020. This means a commitment by countries to submit nationally determined contributions (NDCs), and setting out their national targets for reducing greenhouse gases. To date, 163 countries have presented their NDCs. Even if countries fully implement their NDCs—and take comparable action afterwards—the global temperature is expected to increase about 3.2°C by 2100 relative to pre-industrial levels, according to a recent UN Environment report. Polar Design Studio is dedicated to help North American countries (Canada and US states) and developing countries (Middle East GCC countries and Pakistan) in measuring their GHG emissions and finding low hanging carbon offset reduction projects under United Nation Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Western Climate Initiative (WCI) and The Climate Registry (TCR) protocols and Voluntary Standards such as California Gold Standard.
Our Carbon Off-set Project Development Services
Canada Federal and Provicial GHG compilation and Carbon off-set project , UNFCCC CDM, California and The Climate Registry (TCR) protocol based Carbon Offset Projects Development Identifying, developing and implementing Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), California and TCR
protocol based GHG offset project from different sectors nationally and globally:
- CDM projects from process industry, biomass, landfill and biogas based CHP, solar PV and thermal renewable , energy efficiency, waste management
- GHG offset from power plant energy efficiency, co-firing (switch-grass, wood waste, LFG)
- LNG plant sour gas flare reduction, fertilizer industry emission reduction, oil refinery LPG enhanced recovery
- CDM Projects: perform project baseline, project emissions, return on investment (NPV, IRR) analysis, GHG reduction technology selection, writing PDD, developing project verification and monitoring plans
- GHG project feasibility, technical specification, implementation plan and project execution from design to commission stage.
- Developing and implementing The Climate Registry (TCR) based utility GHG plans. Facilitating all GHG third party verification audits for TCR.